1991 Toyota MR2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 model:
MR2
By F-4 phantom on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

I have enjoyed driving this MR2. I used to fly F-4's in the Air Force and this car, though not having quite the kick of an F-4, does move out quickly with the sound I like. There is no hesitation going up hills, passing, or just wanting to keep at the head of the pack.

sick
By maxtron on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

its the fasted car i have ever driven. it also has the best handling. i've got the full body kit and turbo, and intercooler. the can do the 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds. I have driven skylines and supra's, this mr2 is far the best car i have ever driven.

The little car that could
By kingdmc on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

Great car. Had to do a full tune-up when I bought it but it still runs like new, not like most 11 years old cars. It hasn't been well kept but you wouldn't really know it because with a little TLC these cars come back to life. Accelleration is great on both models and the fun factor is through the roof. If you don't like small cars like I do then this is not the car for you. Find the car that fits your lifestyle.

OWNER
By RAMON L on 10/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS IS THE BEST CAR BUILT EVER

Looked at others but purchased this one
By TRUOMEGA on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

Before I sold my 300zx I needed to look for something else. Seems I found that the MR2 offered a hard to beat list of Positive features. I drove this car for the first time and lemme tell u that the HP pulls hard yet surpassingly the MR2 is great on fuel. Its design feature is what mainly sold me. That exotic lotus design sure turns heads. It has its downsides but surely.... The good outweighs the bad by far. Best advice I can give is take the car for a test drive and ull know what I mean.

Love This Car
By Mr. Mister on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

This car still turns heads, it's fast, fun to drive, reliable as hell. I simply love to drive this car hard, and with over 195K miles it still has the power and quickness. Furthermore, the handeling in this car is awesome!!! Because it's a mid-engine car it turns on a dime.

This is my 2nd Mister Two
By Ski Bum on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

One of my son's wrecked the first Mister Two when in had 207,000 miles on it. It still had the original clutch and brakes! I loved it so much I got another. This turbo is a huge kick to drive. I thought the first one was fast.. this is a rocket! Corners like it is on rails. I live for winding roads and no traffic with this car.

Best Buy for the Money
By dskingdave on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Mr2 Turbo with T-tops and 69k miles for $7k. I see more Corvettes and Porsche's on the road than Mr2's. It rare, fast, affordable and dependable. I love to take her on curvey back roads and kick the turbo in through turns. That gets your heart rate going!! 200hp stock!! Add a MBC ($50), FCD($100), Intake($100) and Exhaust($500) and your running close to 250HP!! Wow!!

Never Under Estimate a Japanese Car
By mymr2 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo 2dr Coupe

The car handles great stock even better with suspension upgrade, "Corners on a dime". Powerful, quick and agile. Fun fun to drive in back twisty road where the line divides the skilled driver and the rest. The 40/60 front to back weight ratio makes it handle like a true exotic sportcar. The turbo gives that extra kick when you need it. So exilerating to drive it. It makes driving experiences more memorable, because it's so fun to drive it. That's it, you can find out for yourself once you own it. There is a club mr2 worldwide too for those die hard. Go find one and have fun!

no other sport coupe like this one
By long on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Toyota MR2 2dr Coupe

i have bought my car for about 8 months now and i love it. this car can give it all to you. your friends will tell you that you have a nice car and they're rite, you do have a nice car. the speed is pretty good, but if you really want speed i would say you get the TURBO it's a lot faster, but my NON-TURBO is still pretty fast so up to you but other model are great.