Second Childhood
By Scrambler on
2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I've had many new cars since my first in 1961 but none have excited me as much as this 2005 MR2 Spider.What a joy to drive. With the responsive 4cyl engine and a 5 speed gear box,turns you would normally slow down for in another car, you find yourself downshifting and accelerating. The MR2 seems to be glued to the road.I am amazed also in the comfortable ride almost like flying with only an occasional bump in the clouds.The 32/26 mileage is also impressive.I love the interior design with the excellent fit of all panels and the comfortable leather seats.The exterior design is beautiful and makes people stop and look.This is my 10th new toyota there is none built better or more reliable.
Favorite Features
My Mr2 Spider is the new Phantom gray with the red leather interior and red top. This is an awesome combination that stands out in a croud. The exterior design makes the Spider appear to cost thousands of dollars more than it does.
Suggested Improvements
I would definately like to see a toneau cover for the folded top and dual exhausts. Cruise control would also be nice on the 5 speed, especially on those long interstate trips.