I'll die in this car
By Rodney on
2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Purchased a new MR2 a few weeks ago when I heard they were going out of production. Have wanted one for several years and finally bit. I drove HW20 across northern WA last week and it was heaven. 6 hours of twisted mountain roads with the top down. Car has adequate power for what I want, and does it turn. It's just perfect: predictable when pushed in corners, rock solid cruising at 100mph, settled over uneven pavement, fun to drive to work, looks great with the adorable blonde beside me. This is a special type of sports car to me: mid-engine, rear drive, lightweight, modestly priced. I love X1-9s, 914s, 1st generation MR2s. It's sad no one's making one now.
Favorite Features
Fly weight, mid-engine, no-compromise design, extreme responsiveness, uncommon, nice power band for a little 4 cyl., perfect dead-pedal, can't make myself stop running errands, beautiful and homely at the same time (like Sandra Locke in her prime)
Suggested Improvements
Improve interior appearance; add a decent stock exhaust and air intake; put in S2000 quality seats--that's it.