2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:
This is a FUN TOY
By R Lafitte on 05/15/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is so much fun to drive. People are always telling me what a cute car I have. The top is very easy to get up and down. It is a great car.

MR2 Spyder
By Beth on 05/07/05 06:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

It's a car made strictly for fun, with no heavy-duty responsibilities. It's a joy to drive and I enjoy the comments I get about it.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
By John on 05/05/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This little roadster defines the word "Value". It is very well built, very comfortable and a lot of fun to drive. On top of that our experience has been that fuel economy beats estimates at 38-40 mpg avaerage!

Good stuff
By rymr2 on 05/05/05 19:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

For the money can't be beat. Great handling, very stylish. Excellent build quality and economical. Fun, fun, fun.

What a gas!
By bill on 04/24/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Driving this car is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. I've owned two Miatas and while they're nice little cars, compared to the Spyder they're roadkill. Handling is phenomenal, the SMT is responsive and ideal in traffic, and the styling makes people pull up next to me on the highway and say, "Great car!" Sure, there's little storage space, but cruising around the Florida Keys where I live with the top down and the sun shining and the Bay and ocean around you... well, who needs storage?

I LOVE MY CAR!!!
By MsMerl on 04/16/05 13:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everyone told me I would regret buying this car but I just love it! For the first time in my life I go for a drive just for the chance to be in it! It fits me perfectly and it makes me feel good. I enjoy driving it on country road and in town.

spyder owner
By ann on 03/07/05 03:01 AM (PST)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this little car turns heads every time, from young to old. it is a great conversation piece anywhere and a blast to drive. i don't know of any other car that packs this much fun in this price range

My Toyota
By Terry on 02/19/05 15:17 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Ive had two Mr2s. I had my 1989 Toyota for 13 years! I stil miss it a littel bit. ;) I sold it for 3 grand then bought the Spyder. I LOVE my Spyder. If yuor a single guy and want an affordable sports car THIS IS IT! No matter where I park people stop and stare at my car. Depending on WHERE you park sometimes that's not a good thing! Overall this car ROCKS!

My new Spyder
By Jan K. Ryder on 02/01/05 18:46 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and love it. I chose the shift over automatic because I wanted the "truer" feel of a sports car, and I have not been disappointed. The Spyder is affordable, great looking and very responsive. As for luggage space... it is very adequate for my needs. This will be my fun, weekend car!

great toy
By Mia Andrews on 11/25/04 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's a great car. so much fun. the only thing i would change on it is the suspension. needs to be tighter. i guess it would be a lot more fun too if it had a little more ponies in the "trunk" if you will.