Used 2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:

More fun than a barrel of monkeys
By Joseph C.

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It's only weakness is lack of a trunk. In my opinion though, this car is made for nothing but enjoyable driving. It meets that purpose to a tea. It would take spending three time as much (not to mention gas and insurance costs) at the dealer to have a car this good.

G - forces !!

Not enough time to play with it.

Now a classic?!
By Tom Boyd

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is wonderful to drive. It is a weekend car due to small storage space but go baby go.

curve handling the best

none, sorry they stopped makng them

Retirement gift
By JimPrice

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2003 new and now have over 32,000 miles. It's been a great car. Eye catching and fun to drive. My wife and I drove it from St. Louis to Seattle and back this summer. It got attention wherever we went. It did great on the mountain curves. We are off to Virginia in it next week and look forward to the trip. You just have to mail your stuff to the hotel ahead of time.

Sporty feel and drive. Great acceleration in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears.

Love my spyder
By ilse72

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a fun, sporty little car with lots of energy and easy maneuverability. It has proven to be extremely reliable and, best of all, it is easy on gas.

Car looks sharp, is spunky and is the right size for me!

I am small and find manual roof hard to lock back into position by myself. A few times, I thought it was latched only to have it pop open about an inch while driving down the interstate.

I'll die in this car
By Rodney

2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new MR2 a few weeks ago when I heard they were going out of production. Have wanted one for several years and finally bit. I drove HW20 across northern WA last week and it was heaven. 6 hours of twisted mountain roads with the top down. Car has adequate power for what I want, and does it turn. It's just perfect: predictable when pushed in corners, rock solid cruising at 100mph, settled over uneven pavement, fun to drive to work, looks great with the adorable blonde beside me. This is a special type of sports car to me: mid-engine, rear drive, lightweight, modestly priced. I love X1-9s, 914s, 1st generation MR2s. It's sad no one's making one now.

Fly weight, mid-engine, no-compromise design, extreme responsiveness, uncommon, nice power band for a little 4 cyl., perfect dead-pedal, can't make myself stop running errands, beautiful and homely at the same time (like Sandra Locke in her prime)

Improve interior appearance; add a decent stock exhaust and air intake; put in S2000 quality seats--that's it.