Real Pleasure to own
By GWS on
2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
After having my MR2 now for over a year, I still have that desire to just find a reason to drive it. It is so tight and easy to handle. The sequential transmission is just plain fun. I have physical problems with my legs and had given up on clutches some time ago. Now with the touch of a finger, I have the same wonderful sensational feeling of driver control. I have owned several Toyotas and have always been impressed with the quality of craftsmanship that is put into each vehicle that I've owned. When considering a sports car in this price range I was certain that nothing else could touch the dependability provided in this vehicle. If you don't test drive it you'll be sorry.
Favorite Features
The uniqueness of it's mid engine design clearly sets it apart in it's class. Thus, it's handling is a great feel on the road. Easy top up - top down with tight fit. Very affordable.
Suggested Improvements
Luggage space is very limited. Not really a big problem because it is hardly ever needed. I did have a custom hitch installed (looks great) and I purchased a small cargo trailer for motorcycles, painted it to match, and have used it on two trips. pulls fine, get great compliments on the combo.