2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Review: Fulfilling middle age crazy's

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Consumer Review

Fulfilling middle age crazy's
By Middle Age Crazy on

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

MR2 puts the ear to ear GRIN on your face. It's about mid-engine, two seat roadsters. Going into a 35MPH corner at 60MPH, down shifting and peddle to the metal out of the corner with the car is still sticking to the road. Yes, rapping out the little 4 cylinder motor and hitting 60MPH in 7-8 seconds does have its thrill to. Here's the important stuff. I just turned 55 Years YOUNG! I am 6'1" and weigh in at 270#'s. I have no problems getting in & out of the car. The car only cost pocket change as compared to the super cars. Insurance is cheap and GAS Mileage is a whole lot better than the super cars. ENJOY IT NOW!

Not mentioned above: the top is easy to rise or lower, choice of using the steering wheel shift buttons or shift stick is fun, motor down shift noise (Music to my ears). Finally, OTHER drivers envying the wife and me tooling down the road.

It would be nice if the steering wheel would tile an inch or two higher. I can't decide if I want to hang a 'shrunken head' from the rear view mirror or place a 'hula girl' on the dash.