2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:
Snow machine - YES
By atoyotguy on 08/08/12 13:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My summer-only Potenzas had to go, so I put a set of Michelin X-Ice tires on my '04 MR2 and voila! An unlikely snow machine! Before X-Ice I got stuck in a quarter-inch of snow. With the X-Ice tires installed I went to a level parking lot right after a 6-inch snow, before any plowing had been done. Much to my surprise, and delight, my 2200 pound, less than 6 inch ground clearance car thought it was a snow plow! I could start, stop, back up, and park - all without any problem. Sure, the tires slipped some, after all, it was slick snow. But I doubt that the engine revved over 2000 rpm at any time. Ice performance was just as good. Summer fun, winter fun; you can't beat it!

If only it had suitcase capacity...
By spicetrader on 11/28/09 12:48 PM (PST)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

A very fine car in many ways. Handles perfectly. Quite agile on corners. Driving it is a pleasure. Almost every time I enter or leave a parking lot, somebody tells me what a cool car it is. I have actually managed to carry driver and passenger with two bags of golf clubs behind the seats.

Real Pleasure to own
By GWS on 12/17/04 04:42 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

After having my MR2 now for over a year, I still have that desire to just find a reason to drive it. It is so tight and easy to handle. The sequential transmission is just plain fun. I have physical problems with my legs and had given up on clutches some time ago. Now with the touch of a finger, I have the same wonderful sensational feeling of driver control. I have owned several Toyotas and have always been impressed with the quality of craftsmanship that is put into each vehicle that I've owned. When considering a sports car in this price range I was certain that nothing else could touch the dependability provided in this vehicle. If you don't test drive it you'll be sorry.

Fun Car
By Casey Green on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

If you are looking for a small convertible, this is the car to get. I test dove S2000 and Miata and overall, this is the best..

sports car
By Mojobabee7 on 09/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I think this is a great car especially for students becuase it does not take much gas and you get alot of mph..great for traveling

Fun Times
By SpyderMom on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a car to just have fun in, no more carrying around kids. Wonderful to drive, great with the gas prices being so high, fill it up about every 2 weeks. Good on the freeways, great around town.

Fulfilling middle age crazy's
By Middle Age Crazy on 05/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

MR2 puts the ear to ear GRIN on your face. It's about mid-engine, two seat roadsters. Going into a 35MPH corner at 60MPH, down shifting and peddle to the metal out of the corner with the car is still sticking to the road. Yes, rapping out the little 4 cylinder motor and hitting 60MPH in 7-8 seconds does have its thrill to. Here's the important stuff. I just turned 55 Years YOUNG! I am 6'1" and weigh in at 270#'s. I have no problems getting in & out of the car. The car only cost pocket change as compared to the super cars. Insurance is cheap and GAS Mileage is a whole lot better than the super cars. ENJOY IT NOW!

Great Pkg & Value. It's a Toyota .. DUH!
By casper90651 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

At first I was skeptical at its look, not yet a Porsche, yet not a cheap looking American Convertible at the same price. The exterior look could definitely be improved. Though I can say, everyone that didn't know Toyota had a convertible thought it was a Porsche! ;) ... As soon as I drove it, that changed everything. The ride is go-kart like along with the cornering. A great zip-in .. zip-out kind of car. The luggage space is very limited at best, at best two small carry-on bags & a few smaller bags in the front will work! Best of all it's Toyota value in a tight package. Everything is standard, what more can you ask for?

Hot car
By idahoe on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is great to drive, and fun to show off in. It take off fast and i love it fast. It is a cheap price for all the attention!!!