2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:
THE CAR THAT DOES NOT DRIVE
By LALA on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD THE SPYDER FOR ABOUT 9 MONTHS AND HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. I HAVE THE SEQUENTIAL SHIFT AND HAVE HAD MAJOR TRANSMISSION ISSUES.

mr2 fun to drive
By rainman1 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car to drive to and from work if you go it alone. Gas mileage is great. If you have to lug a lot of stuff around or take clients out; this is not the car for you. If you love the wind in your hair and riding on rails then you'll love the mr2

love my mr
By poseyal on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

car can be faster than you relise

Still Grining
By ginner on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Brought my Spyder used (2001). Have owned many sports cars and love the handling of this car. Engine is OK for the weight. Just a fun car to drive aggressively.

Its a GoKart with Kick
By Spyder Man on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my MR2 Spyder since they first were released back in 6/00 and I was impressed with the exotic look of the body design and for the fact that it is a convertable. The car drives and makes turns like it was riding a rails. I have heard through rumors only that toyota might be making one with a Super Charger in it as well they should to enhance the performance of this Sports Car the way God had intended Sports Cars to be

my car
By angelbunn13@aol.com on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

my experience in this car is amazing. ever since i was in high school i have wanted this car and so far im very pleased w/ what i have gotten.

fun!
By garyr on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A fun car out the door. I knew I wanted a little more so I had the dealer install the TRD Sportivo suspension kit at 2 miles on the odomenter. Now it *really* handles like a slot car. Perfect balance, adequate if not awesome power.

poor man's porsche boxster
By j. murigi on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had always wanted to own the previous generation mr-2 but I was in college and could not afford one. When they were discontinued in 1995, I thought that my dream of owning a new one would never become a reality. I had driven the old one. This new MR-2 handles precisely, and engine is perfect for this lighter car. I also like the ease of operating the convertible. However, the '95 appears to have had a much more superior craftmanship.

topless fun
By bultman2 on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most fun car you will ever own. You will need another car to haul your stuff, but this car makes a nice weekend driving fun. Took the car up the mountain graded and curves and it handles very good. Hope Toyota keeps the numbers very low on building. This will keep the resale value very high for this car. If you need storage this is not the car for you.

Great value! Turns heads!
By spyderwoman on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love the look of my silver MR2. It is reliable, handles well and gets great gas mileage unless you decide to drive VERY fast. Which it definitley knows how to do! Interior is very sporty, great for a 5-footer like me. You get so much style for the price, and of course Toyota quality and reliability, I am suprised I do not see more of these zipping around town!