Used 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:

Fun drive
By Everett Fitzgerald

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned 2 Porsche Boxter S cars, and this little MR2 handles similar in the mountain curves. It obviously does not have the power of the Porsche's but the handling is amazingly similar for a lower priced 2 seater sports car. I'd not hesitate to purchase another ME2!

I can't find tires for my 2003 MR2 Spyder!
By Jeff

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Today is 3/26/16. I bought my 2003 MR2 Spyder brand new in 2003! I absolutely love it! My one big problem is finding new tires. The original tires are Bridgestone Potenza. Front tire size is 185/55 15. Rear tires are 215/45 16. I can not find these size tires by any same manufacturer. I don't want 2 Goodyear on the front and 2 Hankook on the back. This is very frustrating!

owner of 9 years
By Ron

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2006 with 13 k on it. Now have 94k, only routine maintenance needed. No complaints, great stress reliever!

Incredible little car
By ajb240

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this car only for a short period but it is fantastic. I have owned and driven many cars in my time but this has quckly stolen my heart. I love this little car. It drive like every boys childhood dream of owning a Hotwheels, only this is the adult version.
This car is not practicle as you might be able to carry a gallon of milk. It is not a smoth riding car and it can be noisy with the top up. It has one job and that is to put a smile on your face, and that it does everytime you drive it.
My 1st day getting it on the hwy I took a cloverleaf at speeds that would have put another car in the ditch and I didnt even know it. But I had the biggest S(&T eating grin on my face.

Great Therapy
By SpyderMan51

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is fun to drive, it handles superbly, and people cannot help but comment on its excellent looks. I would not recommend it for a commuter car because it has limited space and it has a stiff ride. It is a shame that Toyota no longer produces this vehicle but I am glad that they did not market it heavily either. You don't see them at every stop light. You cannot help but smile while driving this car on a beautiful day.

Handling, fuel mileage, styling.

I didn't purchase it for its cargo space, but a little more room would have been nice.