2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:
Fun to Drive
By spyderowner on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Yet another reviewer who says that this car is fun to drive, but it really is. Sticks to the road, hugs the curves, thanks to the mid-engine design, with plenty of pep to zip in and out of hwy traffic. I absolutely love this car, lack of cargo space notwithstanding--just make sure you have some other transportation for the groceries. The roar of the engine is pretty fun to listen to, and the seats are quite comfy as well.

spyder man!
By kapper1965 on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

this car has to be the most fun one can have for under $30,000. it's fast, it's agile, it just feels great. you ride so low on the ground that you feel as a part of the vehicle. the looks you get are amazing. someone comments on the car every day, and the design is in it's 3rd model year now! toyota outdid themselves on this car. great job guys!

Most impact for the dollar
By Tabpat on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought this car people have been going wild over it. I can't pull out of a gas staion without somebody asking me what it is. It is off the charts in being a fun to drive yet fuel efficient car. It's like a go- cart with a glovebox.

Great Car.
By justgotone on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just got one a few days ago. I love it. I drove audi tt, bmw roadster, and then I drove this, and I just liked the feel alot more. There are cars with more power for sure, but I haven't driven a car that corners like the mr2...corners like it is on rails.

fun little car
By ennui on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

great car for fun, little to no storage space, lots of looks and comments.

fun in the sun
By dave spyder on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

best value on the market a drivers car to be purchase with that intent.

Spyder
By dbigdogg21 on 05/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2002 MR2 Spyder is an awesome car, and it kicks the crap out of any Miata. Especially when you start ordering TRD parts for it. You can get a turbo or NOS that will bump your horsepower up above 325 easily. In a 2400 lb. car, I'll take that.

a blast, but watch the rain
By BoBo on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had longed to have the new MR-2 Sypder ever since I spied my first one. It is a blast to drive, and very economical. I have yet to get less than 30 mpg, and have gotten as high as 35 mpg. However, it rains a lot in my area and the tire hold is marginal in the wet. It needs 225's in the back.

More fun than you deserve
By DanDeb on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun car to drive. Hugs the road like nothing I've ever driven before. Fast little sucker with a great 5 speed sport shift. Took only a few times to get used to the shifting and once you do, you'll never go back to manual. Stereo /CD/Tape player is more than adequate with the to down. Build quality and Paint finish are superb!

Had To Have
By MC_Cop on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well I just bought this car at the beginning of April but I drooled over it for months. I am 6'2" 220lbs and I can fit comfortably in the car. Another problem is I miss cruise control yeah it is fun to drive but damn hard to keep under 80MPH without cruise. I got the standard 5 speed and of course the SMT comes with cruise. Everywhere else complains about storage space but so what if it takes you 4 trips to the grocery store to get your weekly shopping done you own a good to look at got to have convertible that is as unique as a car 3 times the price so enjoy your trips.