2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MR2 Spyder model:
MR2 Fun Fun
By steve on 06/19/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car but understand that it is not meant to be driven daily. Just getting stuff home from a food store is an adventure. Lordy, though, the adventure is incredible once you get out on roads with lots of curves. An amazing car. Great to look at, performance is fantasic. Body put together well, interior has some issues, things tended to just fall apart. Car has gotten louder in the interior as it has aged. But have owned lots of two seaters going back to MGs andTRs and it is an amazing car. Buy one!!

Fun Car
By Spyderman on 03/14/07 09:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best/most fun car, I've ever owned. Hard to imagine how handling could be any better. Reasonably comfortable, with a decent amount of room. Styling is great, always gets noticed.

Great car! What Fun!
By Carol G on 06/16/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my MR2 for almost 4 years and have loved every minute of it! There are always looks to see what I'm driving. If you love lots of attention, you must drive this car!

Fun, Fun, Fun
By chris on 09/14/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Wasn't looking to buy a car until I drove this one. Had 34K and runs like it is new. This is a great little car. Bought a luggage rack for traveling. I looked at the 03, 04 and 05 on the net and I like the 02 the best. Great car to get past that mid-life crisis. BTW, the wife likes it too. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great fun car.
By Brian on 09/08/05 19:36 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Toyota makes the best automobiles in the world, dollar for dollar. This is no exception. A porsche it is not, but then again it is less than half the price of a Boxster, a quarter the price of a Carrera, and none of the enormous maintenance expense. I have placed 25K on the car, the first maintenance at the dealer, 7500 miles, cost me $86.00. The 15K service was $168.00. How can you beat that in a well made, fun, convertible??? You can't!!!

Awesome Roadster
By Pat on 05/15/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my 2002 MR2 for five months. I bought it used with 7500 miles. It is like brand new. Enough of my bragging. The car is wonderful and fun. It has extraordinary handling. It is plenty fast to get in and out of trouble. I have had zero problems with the car. If you want a fun convertible.... buy an MR2. Be ready for lots of compliments and queries as to what it is.

2002 Toyota MR2
By Calhog on 06/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent gas mileage 34.4 Real fun to drive. Turns a lot of heads.

Turns Heads
By The doctor on 06/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A great little convertible , that is fun to drive and responds well. Unique styling and limited availability which means you don't see many on the road. Great gas mileage averaging 32 MPG. Only drawback: very limited storage space.

best car i have ever owned
By Mx2.cky on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

best drive compared to any car. goes where you tell it. love it!

Greatest little car ever!
By Vicki Plummer on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed my little Spyder for only 18 months. Unfortunately, I was in a 5 car collision, with my little car being the first one hit, by a big landscape truck with a bucket. I walked away from that accident with a couple of scrapes! I am SOO impressed with how well that car handled an accident of that magnitude and protected me as well. I miss my little car!