I like it.
By BLAiv on
2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car used with 90k miles on it, and haven't had anything beyond normal wear and tear problems. I was only 17 when I got it and now am, partially because of this car, in love with sports cars. The handling is amazing, and I'm not sure there could be a more fun car to drive for a brand-new price of $25,000. In my opinion the same year miata cannot touch this car in looks, and the stats show that goes for the preformance as well. I would recommend this car for any young sports-car-lover with a limited budget such as myself, or anyone who has ~15k to throw into a fun used car.
Favorite Features
LOOKS!!! Well balanced and made; reliable. Stares you get and the fact there aren't many around where I live is also awesome. And you can't forget the nearly 30 mpg.
Suggested Improvements
I know this car isn't meant to go fast in a straight line, but I would like a tad more power; lotus pushed 190hp out of the same 1.8L toyota engine. The interior could also use a few more comfort tools and a less spartan look. But then again, for $25k I'll go with it.