2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Review: Life is Good

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Review

Life is Good
By LittleRedRidingHood on

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2001 Red/black Spyder in the summer of 2003. It's not for everyone, but if you're single with no kids, this is the car for you. It handles flawlessly, can be parked anywhere, and leaves every other car in the dust. I used to travel by plane, but now I refuse to fly anywhere within a 3-state radius. The only problem I have encountered is excessive tire wear - and I'm not sure I can blame the car for that. I'm embarrased to admit I smile everytime I see my car. Just to balance my glowing review: my brother is 6'2" and refuses to drive my car anywhere. He thinks it is terribly uncomfortable, totally impractical, and hates the non-stop attention it receives. To each his/her own.

Style, handling, gas economy, fits me like a glove. What I like the most: Whenever I go to put my bags in the trunk, there are always men standing around to say, "Sweetheart, the trunk's in the back - the engine's in the front," and I have the pleasure of saying, "Sweetheart, watch this!"

Put the power steering fluid in a more accessible place. Backing up, there's a blind spot on the passenger side. More safety features should be mandatory if I have to share the road with SUVs and trucks.