I'm a Toyota Man Now!
By unb10 on
2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I've owned a lot of cars, but this one takes the cake. The handling is awe inspiring, even if the horsepower isn't. Still, a 6.5 second 0-60 mph time is enough for me, and I enjoy getting 30+ mpg. For those who said the interior looks "cheap" and "plastic", get the leather interior. It is reminiscent of higher priced performance cars. I love the look and feel of the interior, very comfortable, and I'm a large guy. Everywhere I go, people stop and stare. And you may not need more HP. I've had two sports cars back down from a race ('05 Mustang, '03 Firebird). Reason? They thought it was a Porsche. I was a Chevy lover before, but I'm a Toyota man now.
Favorite Features
With today's gas prices, my fav. feature is GAS MILEAGE! Great speed for the horsepower (only 1 second behind Porsche Boxster 1/4 mile time). CD/Tape deck combo let's me listen to CD's or my iPod using a cassette adapter. And the top can be put down from inside easily and quickly.
Suggested Improvements
Not much. Cruise control would be great. More horsepower. I thought I would want a power top, but the manual goes up much quicker, for when a sudden rain storm hits. Both windows to be Auto Down, rather than just the driver's. More storage, it's fun for road trips, but pack light.