2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Review: BRING IT BACK... simply the Be

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Consumer Review

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder

BRING IT BACK... simply the Best
By hplardog on

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Quick and easy to move around in city traffic. FUN. Easy to drive. I look forward each day driving to and from work. Did I say it is FUN to drive? I like the looks I get as I drive by. I have been asked more than once..."what is that?" Gas mileage... I own an SUV, but I drive the MR2 Spyder. Even though it is little, it gets me around. Reliable and FUN... I did say it was Fun didn't I. Can't take lots of stuff in it.. a glove box in the front and two glove boxes in the back.. behind the seats. When I have a choice, I take the Spyder. TOYOTA Why did you quit making this car!!! A true sports car, economical, easy to afford, the backing of the good name TOYOTA. Bring it back!!

The fact that it is a convertible, the fact that it is unique, the way it performs, the fact that it is affordable to purchase and to operate... except for the tires... Those were expensive tires!!! Did I mention that it is really FUN to drive? Love this car. Would get 100% if it had more space!

Only thing I can say is that it needs a place to put a brief case other than the passenger seat. a little area behind the seats would have worked great. a place over the tire could have possibly worked. That is one of 2 gripes. no space for a suit case and the fact that TOYOTA has quit making it!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review