2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
What a blast!!!
By bmerton on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the most "fun to drive" cars EVER!!! My Spyder gets heads turning everywhere I go. It's not uncommon for me to come out of a building to have people milling about my car, checking it out...wondering what it is (I've debadged it, except for the "Spyder" logo. :) Most common guess: Porsche.

MR2 Roadster / Spyder
By phat on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car lives up to its promises. More fun to drive than my 911 C4 and a lot less expensive to run!

spirited ride
By tb9er on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

much fun to drive. handles like on rails. very nimble with ample acceleration. very little back-wind when top down and deflector up. could use better speakers (maybe some behind seats)and more cargo space. but, for the price, i don't think there's a match.

Greatest Car I've ever owned
By wb on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rated this car a 10 in every cat.

SPYDER MIGHT
By edaug on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

GREAT, FUN CAR TO OWN AND DRIVE.

Still Crazy After All These Years
By Trapper-cat on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ladies - this car remains an ultimate guy magnet. Make sure you know what's under the hood (and that it is in the rear) because no matter where I've parked my bright yellow MR2 I've been approached by guys. I even had a guy ask me if he could sit in it for a minute to recall his old days before he had kids.

wonderful , exciting but dangerous
By dan l on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

what a great car. the experinece from driving everday is not describable. but one major problem. this car should not have been allowed into production with the blind spot created by the roof on the passenger's side. this car is in serious need of roll bars, and side air bags from the door. i suggest the potential buyer to buy one in yellow, so you can be seen by other traffic. safety is one major concern, and key safety features need to be included. buy a used one, because i got mine for $200 over invoice. they have a real hard time selling these cars. NO matter how they try to tell you otherwise.

Toyota MR2 Spyder
By Some1 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very fun and fast car to drive. The interior is not too roomy, but if you care for looks get this car. Not much cargo space either. Mazda Miata is the compteter of this car. This car is better thought because of its middle engine rear whell drive layout. This is used in most racing cars.

The Most Fun Car in the World
By Jastram on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've never been enamored of any vehicle as I am with this one. When i drive this car, I have a smile on my face. Everyone looks at me in this car and the handling is unbelievable. It's fast, it's great looking, it handles curves beautifully. I love driving the hills at night with the top down. This is pure, unadulterated pleasure.

Amazingly fun!
By Joe Alt on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder Convertible 2dr Convertible (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This was the best purchase I ever made... this car is so much fun, I am amazed it is simply a Toyota. I still get people asking me, "what kind of Porshe is that?!"