2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder Consumer Review: Sweet, Fun, Great Value!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Consumer Review

Base Convertible (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Sweet, Fun, Great Value!
By mrutz2 on

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible

I bought this car about a week ago after selling my 96 Cobra because I was tired of paying for 14mpg on premium fuel. I must say that even though it doesn't have the power that I'm used to its still a blast to drive, and you can push this thing hard through corners. When it finally does break loose, which is usually slight understeer surprisingly since it is rear wheel drive, it is easy to regain control. I average about 30mpg even with pushing the MR2 pretty hard a lot of the time. I expected it to get a little bit more attention than it has but owell.. If theres anything this car could use it would be a little more power. But it is still a really fun car to drive!

Handling, styling, Toyota Reliability, light and small but still plenty of room even at 6' 1"

Should have had the 2zz motor or a turbo from the factory, I will hopefully be doing either to it sometime soon.