Janie's baby
By Janie's baby on
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2dr Convertible
I bought my MR2 for my 50th birthday as I always said that I would have a sports car by the time I was 50. I love my spyder! My only fault is the storage space but never the less I have been amazed at how much I can load into my car when going to the grocery. Everyone still stops to stare at my car. I probably need to sell but have not been able to do so yet. I just hate to give it up! I drove this car to work and back for 8 years and it has been parked for two only driving it when I want to feel special. It has been a joy and delight to drive and own.
Favorite Features
I love the appearance, when I first bought the car everyone thought it was a Porsche Boxtser. My favorite though is the pick up speed and power of the car. Pulling into busy traffic is a breeze and of course I love the way it handles. I am going to be 60 and still love to speed shift my spyder.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is storage space and the car does not have an electric convertible top which can be inconvenient at times. I would also have liked cruise control but since I have rarely taken the car on the interstate or long trips it has not been a real disadvantage.