Trucker for life converted
By smeg on
2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
I was looking to downsize from my Tacoma since gas is so expensive and I went to look at Scions when the sport Matrix jumped out at me at the dealership. I never wanted to drive anything but a truck but this little car is really growing on me. The city gas mpg is so so but its a huge improvement from what I had, also I've already been camping in it and not only did it fit all mine and my GF's gear, we still had plenty of room for my 70lb lab to be comfortable and we got 30 mpg most of the trip. I like the re-design of the 09s over the older models, especially the aggressive front end. This certainly isn't my dream vehicle but I defiantly don't regret the purchase.
Favorite Features
MP3 jack is nice and the Bluetooth is really cool. Most of all I like the cargo room it has for such a small feeling car. My dog goes everywhere with me and it has held us both very comfortably.
Suggested Improvements
Not too much to complain about except that I wish it had an A/C vent in the backseat because although were nice and cool in the front seat the dog is a little warm back there and for a few months during the summer sometimes rolling the windows down doesn't cool her off as quick as I would like.