Surprising new generation of Matrix
By 4kbeast on
2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
All wheel drive really helped me out; we got a couple of inches after I got it and the AWD in combination with the vehicle stability control and traction control gave me a lot of confidence. Plus, you get like 6 airbags. I'm a big fan of the new look of the vehicle. I overlooked the previous generation, but after seeing a rally built version at the SEMA show, I was a big fan of the hatch. I've always loved hatchbacks! I couldn't decide between the AWD S or the FWD XRS; both have the multi- link rear, which gives it a much sportier feel. I decided on the AWD auto over a XRS auto or manual because I drive in traffic and need AWD for winter. Both have the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder.
Favorite Features
Bigger, more stylish wheels. Navigation! It has the XM traffic reporting on screen to let you know how traffic is moving. Sweet! Plenty of room for four/five if needed. Flat fold down cargo area; great for my dogs, sectioning off back. Sportier feel. Toyota dependability. Killer lease.
Suggested Improvements
Manual transmission available for the AWD version. Dash is something you have to get used to; maybe it is just personal taste?