2009 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Surprising new generation of M

2009 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

Surprising new generation of Matrix
By 4kbeast on

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All wheel drive really helped me out; we got a couple of inches after I got it and the AWD in combination with the vehicle stability control and traction control gave me a lot of confidence. Plus, you get like 6 airbags. I'm a big fan of the new look of the vehicle. I overlooked the previous generation, but after seeing a rally built version at the SEMA show, I was a big fan of the hatch. I've always loved hatchbacks! I couldn't decide between the AWD S or the FWD XRS; both have the multi- link rear, which gives it a much sportier feel. I decided on the AWD auto over a XRS auto or manual because I drive in traffic and need AWD for winter. Both have the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder.

Bigger, more stylish wheels. Navigation! It has the XM traffic reporting on screen to let you know how traffic is moving. Sweet! Plenty of room for four/five if needed. Flat fold down cargo area; great for my dogs, sectioning off back. Sportier feel. Toyota dependability. Killer lease.

Manual transmission available for the AWD version. Dash is something you have to get used to; maybe it is just personal taste?