So far a fantastic econimic family car
By sunburst metallic on
2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
We bought this car last month. We have only had it for about two weeks, but because of a move we have already put over 2k miles on it. We made 3 400 mile drives within a week on it, and I have to say wow. We avg about 32 mpg on the freeway. I am not a slow driver either. Avg speed was about 75 mph. A lot of time spent cruising at 80 mph. The car has decent pick up and go, it is not a race car, but it is enough to be comfortable. We have two young children that fit comfortably in the back seat with plenty of room. Though the Mazda 3 was more fun to drive, this won out because it was so much more practical. A perfect family car for those that want room with out driving an suv or minivan.
Favorite Features
Surprising freeway gas mileage. Adjustable height driver seat and telescopic steering column, my wife is shorter than I so this is handy. Seats are comfortable and supportive. Sits high, easy to get into and out of, and to put the kids in the back seat, haven't hit my head yet. 5spd auto, strong 2.4.
Suggested Improvements
HID headlights, I took care of that and ordered a conversion kit, now running 6k HIDs and they look fantastic. Decent exhaust tip instead of the mild steel pipe. Also another issue I took care of, had a local muffler shop weld on a Nice stainless tip, really compliments the car. Privacy glass.