2009 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Reliable and Practical

2009 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Reliable and Practical
By axiom on

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm echoing what CarParker already mentioned - he has said the best. It really is a sport hatch for the pragmatic. This car feels confident on the highway and quick in the city. I personally prefer the styling of this Matrix to a lot of its competitors out there. They did a great job with the front grill. The suspension is hard and the ride can be rough in the city, but this is expected from a car of this type. Nonetheless, the stability control works well. Brakes are excellent and the seat are very comfortable for me (I'm about 5'11 200 lbs). Comfort is a premium for me since I have issues with my knees for long journeys. Overall, this matrix gives you a smooth ride and great gas mileage.

Plenty of cargo space with hatch, very reliable, looks great (I have the black sand pearl color), practical, good gas mileage, stability control, great pick up from dead stop, and a functional interior. This is a very good bargain.

Rear visibility is a bit lacking. Road noise. The ride in the city can be rough, perhaps different tires or adjust psi? Interior center console can use some sprucing up.