2009 Toyota Matrix 2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - My First car, and it's

2009 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Review

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My First car, and it's AWESOME!
By Chris on

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently baught a brand new Toyota Matrix XR, and I have never been more impressed with a car then I am with this. The 2.4L engine is smooth and powerful, providing loads of passing and acceleration power. The interior and exterior are impressive, the exterior being sleek and sexy while the interior being easy on the eye and inviting. I've averaged 30+ mpg in mostly city driving. The steering is a tad numb, but that doesn't bother me as everything else about the car is totally amazing. The biggest selling point for me, being 6 feet tall and long in the leg,is that I can sit comfortably in the car thanks to vertical height adjustment for the driver's seat and a telescoping steering wheel.

Favorite Features

2.4L is smooth, quiet and powerful; handling; the 6 speaker stereo; the colour (sundance metallic); 17" rims; fuel economy; the stares from envious guys in their civics and focuses- and the stares from their girlfriends; excellent room for tall drivers; the ever famous Toyota build quality.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few minor gripes. The first are a couple panel gaps that I think are a tad large; one between the shifter gate face and the HVAC control face, the other being on the steering wheel on the right side of the horn face. And a couple rough edges on a couple of dash board panels.