2009 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: 2009 Toyota Matrix

2009 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

2009 Toyota Matrix
By 2009 Toyota Matrix on

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my Matrix for one year today and have loved every minute of it. I drove my first Matrix as a rental car in 2005 and had wanted one ever since but did not like the 1.8 liter engine. When I found out that the car had been redesigned in 2009 with a 2.4 liter engine I jumped on the chance to get it. The gas mileage is a little low but is well worth it in my book. I would definitely recommend the Matrix if you want both the hauling capability of a small truck and the ability to haul four people easily.

Favorite Features

I love the cargo space the most. I no longer have to rent a truck to haul larger items. My husband is tall so he likes the extra head room. I also like the higher seats. I don't feel like I am getting off of the floor when I climb out of it.

Suggested Improvements

The sport model could get better gas mileage. I got the Metallic Gold/Bronze color and the paint seems to scratch easily. I was offered a paint protection plan during the purchase which I declined. I wish I had gotten it now. Be mindful of that if you choose to purchase Matrix in this color.