2009 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Nice Ride
By GrindEm on 03/20/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2.4L with the 5 speed manual tranny in radiant red. This car needs the 2.4L to move the extra pork at an acceptable pace. I love the engine and the tranny, very positive driving experience! I am 6'1 and find it to be a little tight in the seat and in the foot wells. The layout is very handy and will fit a lot of stuff with the seats folded down. However the design makes for the worst tunnel cover for privacy I have ever seen! I really like the new exterior styling, big improvement over the geriatric 1st generation. I love the way Toyota puts their packages and model lines together, clean and straight foward. All in all a fun car to drive, quick, agile, stable, good price, aux jack.

Surprising new generation of Matrix
By 4kbeast on 03/17/08 11:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Matrix S 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

All wheel drive really helped me out; we got a couple of inches after I got it and the AWD in combination with the vehicle stability control and traction control gave me a lot of confidence. Plus, you get like 6 airbags. I'm a big fan of the new look of the vehicle. I overlooked the previous generation, but after seeing a rally built version at the SEMA show, I was a big fan of the hatch. I've always loved hatchbacks! I couldn't decide between the AWD S or the FWD XRS; both have the multi- link rear, which gives it a much sportier feel. I decided on the AWD auto over a XRS auto or manual because I drive in traffic and need AWD for winter. Both have the Camry 2.4L 4 cylinder.

Better than the movie
By Anthony on 03/12/08 09:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix has a very cool look. The ride feels very smooth as a boat ride. The main reason why I bought the Matrix was to comfort my legs and so far it has done a very good job. Toyota really did a good job augmenting the standard options like the side airbags, trip meters, maintenance indicator, tire pressure indicator. I like that the driver seat can be adjusted vertically. I like that things are very accessible under the hood. I also appreciate the all wheel disc brakes making it easy for me to replace the brake pads when the time comes. I calculated 22 mpg on mostly mostly city streets and 30 mpg on mostly highway driving.

A new day
By sonny on 03/03/08 19:30 PM (PST)

2009 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was impressed by the utility, and the ease of driving. The new look is what attracted me to this car. I had overlooked the car for this very reason. The car is nimble and even tho its the smaller engine, there is enough go for me. The fit and finish appears to be first rate.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Matrix in VA is:

$106 per month*