Took awhile, but now I love mine.
By WhoMe? on
2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I was a died-in-the-wool Honda guy, driving my second Accord (an '89) into the ground, so I really pictured myself in a Fit. But the black- interior only, no-sunroof, constraints knocked them out. I got busted for DUI the third night I had it, and it cast a real pall over that wonderful "new car" feeling. (I'm not a bad guy... it's a long story). Anyway - LOVE it now. They finally fixed a minor rumble/rattle from the back that I lived with the first year, and it looks like new and suits me to a T. I bought it specifically for hauling things with the seats down, and it's great - the cargo nets help a lot.
Favorite Features
6-disc CD Changer (I work for an audiobook catalog company and get to borrow them for free(!)). Regrettably, the only thing I DON'T like is that it lacks the iPod/mp3 jack that the 2009 has in the armrest.
Suggested Improvements
Don't introduce next year's model in January - it was almost impossible to find a suitable '08 the first week of 2008. Offer a lighter interior than dark grey that is not tan. Hybrid is a big "DUH" - I dinged the mileage 'cause our Civic Hybrid gets 42-48 mpg for our driving.