Driven it for 2 weeks and it's OK so far.
1) It has adequate acceleration despite having only a 1.8L engine (no cargo/people).
2) Dashboard gauges OK except reading speed gets a little fuzzy when between 60 & 80 (only in increments of 20) so you may have to glance at it more then once (distracting) if you don't want to go over the limit.
3) Location of transmission stick is too close to climate control knobs especially when in park (no hand room)
4) Daylight running headlights (dashboard light) always on which I found annoying/confusing but getting use to. Considering getting it disabled if I go with better bulbs for night driving.
5) Noisy/feel road when driving - tolerable
1. Toyota's reliability despite recent gas pedal recall.
2. Cargo room with seats folded down
3. Decent gas mileage w/ soaring gas prices, getting 29-30 mpg on highway
Suprised that anti-lock brakes was not standard (optional) on 2008 Matrix (base).
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.