My aching back and shoulders
By Nicki on
2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
I wanted a matrix for so long! I was so excited to finally get one! Unfortunately that excitement is turning into misery. First off, I'm not terribly picky. I've never considered a little road noise to be an issue or felt the need to drive a car with the high end comfort. Comfort was something I completely took for granted, until now, The steering position is so awkward! I have the seat all the way forward, but still I must reach for the wheel. This puts a lot of strain on my shoulders. And something is not right about the head rests, they push my head FOREWARD! The passenger seat and back seats aren't bad, just the drivers seat. As for road/wind noise, It's really bad.
Favorite Features
I like the way the car looks. It can carry whatever I want to put it it, though things slide all over that big back seat. Back seat is roomy. Don't expect to be able to reach it from the front. Acceleration is very good and gas mileage is decent. I'm getting about 28 mpg, mostly highway commuting.
Suggested Improvements
Better insulation. I have to crank out the radio to drown out the road and wind noise and please, do something about that driving position. It's a dealbreaker for me. I'm currently looking for another car. Last tip for ladies - there's no place to put you're purse.