2008 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Not Totally Happy
By Viper on 05/07/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to replace the lemon I purchased in Feb of 2007. I was happy when I first purchased the vehicle, but then I realized that it tended to ride like I was in an old pick-up truck. It has been in the shop 3 times so far with brake issues and just seems to be getting worse. At this point I will not get another Toyota ever again because they are just not built like they were and the paint would start to fade.

Fantastic vehicle!
By matrixfan on 04/10/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices ever rising, my van was just too expensive to run. The Matrix was the perfect vehicle to downsize to; it still holds my gear, but gets 40% better mileage than my old MPV and it's fun to drive to boot! I wish Toyota would come out with a Hybrid Matrix, but until then, this one is great!

It squeaks
By rgaetano on 03/25/08 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We are a Toyota family, but are considering switching after this model. The passenger side door continually "squeaks." We are told to "lubricate" the door, but have never had to "lubricate" doors on Camrys, Corollas, or Echos that we have owned. Very disappointing.

Mini wagon fits all!
By musicman on 03/19/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Focus wagon that did everything I wanted. I upgraded to an MPV, but took such a hit in the mileage and repair bills that I needed to downsize to something more reliable. I fell in love with the Fit Sport, but couldn't quite squeeze my gear (instruments) in comfortably. When I put them in the Matrix, they fit with room to spare. It's fun, sporty, spacious and thrifty. Great purchase!

Excellent Car and did my research
By luvmymatrix on 02/09/08 20:08 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did about 25 hours of research, narrowing down to the Honda Fit or the Toyota Matrix. The Fit was nice when I test drove it, but then I tried the Matrix, I loved it. Decided on Matrix becuase there is more room altogether, the trunk,t he car and especially the engine. NO REGRETS whatsoever. I love driving it.

Love the Matrix!
By suzied2 on 02/05/08 07:02 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I never thought I'd get a Matrix, but it has rapidly made me decide it is the best and cutest car I ever had. I am only 5'1" but this car cradles me comfortably. I also have back problems but the seats are firm, comfortable, and supportive. I like the lit up dashboard, lots going on there, makes me feel like I'm in a jet LOL. The air vents are nnice too, just flip them in or out. The optional 6-speaker sound system is worth it, as is the moon roof.

Great little car!!
By JRhockey on 01/03/08 08:26 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my Corolla. It's not only a replacement, but a major step up! It handles great, has good fuel economy, and to top it off, is really cute!

Purchased in Sept. 07
By Tashadog on 11/22/07 19:03 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I decided on purchasing a Toyota Matrix in Sept., after my new 07 Chevy Malibu was totalled in a car accident in August. It took me a little while to get attached to the Matrix, as I really liked the Malibu. I'm getting almost 30 MPG (all city driving) with the Matrix. It's just a basic car - no bells and whistles, but it's comfortable and, being a Toyota, I'm expecting it to be around for a long time. Though it looks a bit small, I'm actually able to fit my family of five in comfortably.

Love the utility
By Smittyman on 11/17/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle 3 months and I cannot believe the various uses I am gfetting from it. I bought to go back and forth to work in and I am happy with the 27MPG city driving I do. The most enjoyable is going to Home depot etc and being able to put back seat down and use all the back room for a vehicle of this class. My only complaint is I am 6'3" and when I get the seat back I drive straight are to reach the steering wheel. Passengers have more than enough room and ride comfortably. Maneuvers very well.

Like the Matrix
By Rick on 11/13/07 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Surprised by how peppy the engine is, no problem accelerating at highway speeds or up hills. Amount of interior space is impressive and well laid out.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.