2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Love My Matix
By R P Foster on 03/05/09 21:54 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I truly love my Matrix. A friend of mine bought a 2007 XR and she loves it. I am 6ft7in tall and weigh 276lbs. I have great head and leg room. Also the body style seems to sit higher than a standard car and this makes it easier to get in and out of. We have made 2 trips to Gulf Shores AL and found it to be a pleasure to drive.

Good gas mileage but over rated.
By GMB on 07/05/08 10:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my wife's car. She bought it for the gas mileage which is good. As far as driving and comfort it does not have it. For a teenager this would be a great first car but I'm 6'2 and long legged. Trying to back up is hard cause you can't see out the back. If you don't know how to use mirrors to back up your in trouble.

So far, so good
By Lee on 06/04/08 11:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently totalled my '02 Pathfinder and settled on the Matrix. I like the seats but the door's arm-rest does not accommodate my long arms. The vehicle was a good choice for me after considering a lot of other vehicles, it was the best overall purchase for the money.

Not Totally Happy
By Viper on 05/07/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to replace the lemon I purchased in Feb of 2007. I was happy when I first purchased the vehicle, but then I realized that it tended to ride like I was in an old pick-up truck. It has been in the shop 3 times so far with brake issues and just seems to be getting worse. At this point I will not get another Toyota ever again because they are just not built like they were and the paint would start to fade.

Fantastic vehicle!
By matrixfan on 04/10/08 11:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

With gas prices ever rising, my van was just too expensive to run. The Matrix was the perfect vehicle to downsize to; it still holds my gear, but gets 40% better mileage than my old MPV and it's fun to drive to boot! I wish Toyota would come out with a Hybrid Matrix, but until then, this one is great!

Mini wagon fits all!
By musicman on 03/19/08 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Focus wagon that did everything I wanted. I upgraded to an MPV, but took such a hit in the mileage and repair bills that I needed to downsize to something more reliable. I fell in love with the Fit Sport, but couldn't quite squeeze my gear (instruments) in comfortably. When I put them in the Matrix, they fit with room to spare. It's fun, sporty, spacious and thrifty. Great purchase!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.