2007 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Very impressed so far!

2007 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

Base 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Very impressed so far!
By parbri on

2007 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Life long full size pickup owner here, but decided to commit to reduced fuel use. I parked my full size pickup and purchased this for a work vehicle. I farm for a living, and I was thinking of a Tacoma, but was not sure the mileage would be good enough to switch, so decided on the Matrix. Fuel mileage is 30-32 so far, on 1000 miles drive, with short distance on and off pavement driving. Loads of fun to drive as well! I couldn't be happier!

Fuel mileage, hands down. I have not gotten less than 31 mpg yet, and I drive a lot of small trips, and into farm fields with low speed driving. Small light easy to fit into tight spots, fun to drive. Roomy interior, I am 6'2" 235 lbs, and am quite comfortable.

Reverse is a bit high geared, and the throttle is a bit touchy into first gear. It might be a bit tough if you drive in the hills a lot. I hate the seat belt dinger! It drives me nuts! I wear seat belts, but am in and out a lot, this thing is driving me crazy! They need to tone it down a bit.