2007 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Meets most of my needs

2007 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Meets most of my needs
By Up-the-River on

2007 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Matrix XR replaced a Honda driven 10 yr, 250k and loved. I have yet to develop same affection for Matrix. After 10k it seems reliable, functional, economical, fun to drive. 5 sp shift is smooth but has a unique click sound each shift. Some design features are at times inconvenient or annoying. Visibility out side and back suffers. Front and rear seat headrests are always in way, same for body/roof posts. Warning signal for unbuckled seatbelts is loud, obnoxious. Why all the noise when passenger unbuckles to remove coat or briefcase or box is on passenger seat? And panic button on the key fob is horribly designed. How many times have I accidentally set it off? Please don't ask my neighbors!

Fold down rear and front passenger seats, great MPG, radio, great acceleration for 4cyl, high quality of fit and finish, smooth quiet engine.

More adjustments for driver seat and steering wheel, sun visors fail to provide sufficient protection especially out side windows, add 2nd overhead light for separate lights for driver and passenger, panic button on key fob.