Many have not had a truck!
By Dr K on
2007 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Have to laugh re: those people complaining about "rides like a truck". Probably most have not HAD a truck. Definite car-like ride, I have 1,000 miles. No rattles, good layout inside (agree with the remark about the blower speed knob in front of transmission lever when in "park", although one would usually use the a/c when driving). Handles well, good acceleration for this type, no tire squealing, no rattles, and I like the styling better than the pontiac Vibe. Good stereo, I have the ABS and sunroof too. I got it for cargo space, flexibility, and true hiway mpg of over 35 (31 around town) .Mostly I use my motorcycle but sometimes I need a car, and a Corolla underneath - great.
Favorite Features
Comfortable seats, adequate acceleration (it IS an economy car - my previous truck could pull 8000 lb and had a V8, but got half the mpg and more "busy" ride), versatile interior. I like cloth interior (leather too hot in Florida).
Suggested Improvements
Cargo mat in rear (standard on Vibe), and should have standard ABS, and darker factory tint in rear. It is a cute economy car, and NOT a sports car - judge it for what it is.