Fun, economical and practical
By dbentley3 on
2007 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
At the risk of sounding like all the rest, this car is fun to drive. It's a great car for the practical value- seeker that wants a decent level of extras without settling on an "econo- box". The XR sport package gives it just enough style to stand-out and satisfy the sport-minded. Mind you, the true sports-car enthusiasts aren't even looking at this car...this is a car for the person that wants a basic car with a little bit of everything and an emphasis on fuel economy. I've been getting 34mpg in my 1st 4500 miles on a 70-mile/day commute in mixed traffic conditions.
Favorite Features
Tight steering, peppy pick-up. Comfortable seating. Super cargo versatility. Moonroof and ventilation are very good. I'm sensitive to claustrophia and this car feels open and airy. Quiet compared to my former Honda CR-V.
Suggested Improvements
Rear cargo area needs a standard rubber mat to prevent cargo sliding and scratches. Seat fabric is a bit rough. The addition of the moonroof reduces head clearance a bit. I'm 5'11" and don't have a problem but a coworker is 6'1" and comes close to brushing the moonroof opening. MP3 jack needed.