First Month
By Fr4nk1yn on
2007 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
With gas prices threatening to be higher than last year I decided I needed my highly modified Oldsmobile Cutlass to NOT be my daily driver. A fully loaded Yaris is a rarity, but a loaded Matrix M-Theory is not. Compared to others the options to price seem very good. The best mileage so far has been 28 mpg of combo driving. That was with the dealer's complimentary tank, which leads me to believe it was over filled slightly. 25 mpg is the norm. Performance is anything but. The engine is NOT performance oriented at all. If you want something quick this isn't it. However it does handle quite well. Ride is firm, sometimes harsh, but still comfortable. For looks and features I'd recommend it.
Favorite Features
This vehicle has every option that I could want. I consider that good for $22K. Others in this class would run about $3k higher for all the options included. The 7 speaker stereo with 6cd in dash changer isn't bad either (: While the mileage isn't phenomenal, it's better than most in it's class.
Suggested Improvements
Engine performance is BAD! The cruise control has an interesting habit of down shifting right before the crest of a hill then picking up speed on the down side, sometimes enough that it needs to canceled. Ride can be harsh at times. Did I mention performance.