Best XUV I could find
By PonyBoy on
2007 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
If you're looking for a combination of cargo room, gas mileage, styling and performance this is the logical choice. More sporty looking than the Vibe in my opinion. If you want to look good while saving at the pump it's this or a mini-cooper. You can probably fit the mini-cooper in the back of your Matrix if you fold down your back seats, but all I need to fit inside is two bicycles, so no problem. If you're like most people and don't really need an SUV, this is the smart mpg alternative. The manual trans is more fun to drive, but I can eat better in traffic with the automatic. This is not a sports car, so don't expect pony car power, its fine especially compared with other 4 bangers.
Favorite Features
Cargo room, 34 MPG, sunroof, driving height, red exterior, fog lights (cool factor), driving lights, nice 6 speaker 6 CD player. I have to admit I like seeing the outside temperature, however I'm not sure why b/c I live in FL. 115v outlet is great idea, way better than cigarette lighter. STYLING!:)
Suggested Improvements
When the automatic trans is in park, the shifter is in the way of the fan controls. A built in garage door opener should be included. The spare tire could be easier to get to. Seats are shorter in length than I'm used to, so my knees extend out further, something probably few people will notice.