2007 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: An efficient compromise

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Review

An efficient compromise
By Buckeye on

2007 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with the previous review that the Matrix is possibly the best compromise in size, comfort, fuel economy and handling. Zippier than the bigger beast I drove before, but definitely not the greatest sports-car handling. Love the storage and gas mileage. Put my bike in the back on its side with the seats down without removing the front wheel. I upgraded to get the side airbags. Stereo is excellent. Great for mostly city driving, with lots of potholes and stop-and-go driving. Plenty of headroom, but for someone 6'1" I'd rather sit an inch or two lower than the seat will go. Still breaking it in--but I've only filled up the tank once in the past month. THAT I can live with!

Safety (airbags, antilock brakes), 6-cd stereo, storage and folding seats, automatic headlights, city gas mileage.

Allow the seat to be adjusted lower, more adjustment in the steering wheel, heated seats, leather seats, MP3 jack.