Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

31-35 MPG highway
By GCN

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 2007 base model w/ 5- spd, the "M Theory" package, and 36000 miles. Right off the bat got 31 MPG cruising at 77 MPH w/ AC on intermittently. Then cruising at 71 MPH on the way back w/ AC on full time got 35 MPG. So far I like the way it handles, the power is acceptable (but not sports car fun), but most importantly it a very useful car (parking, cargo, cost). "M Theory" is purely for looks, bright color but not worth extra $$$ for most.

Cargo space, MPG, cost to operate.

Shifter is blah, as is clutch.

I cried with the first fill-up!
By Beth G

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Matrix used with only 8K and the original warranty - traded in my turbo 07 Forester which required premium gas and got 22mpg when premium went to $4.50/gallon. Computed the mpg on the Matrix with the first fill-up - got 36mpg!!! I cried! I love this car. I consistently get 32-36 mpg combined. Miss the sunroof and AWD of the Forester but got such a deal on the Matrix - bought snow tires and traction now as good as AWD.

For some reason I love the looks of the Matrix more than the Vibe - I smile whenever I see mine or others out on the road. Mine is sky blue, love the color. Love the ride. Love the interior space. Love the features and reliability. Most of the same features as Subaru but cheaper - better value!

Decent city car
By M. Patrick

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in a Subaru for the Matrix and I miss the power. The Toyota is a nice solid car and fits a dog well, lots of storage, very comfortable driving and comfortable for four adults. The center console is messy and doesn't fit a coffee cup w handle. Acceleration is kind of lame, you have to be light on the gas or you'll squeal the tires. I'll keep it because it's so economical and dependable. I haven't put a cent into it. But it is boring and really pretty terrible in the snow we have in Michigan.

Good mileage, comfortable. Excellent storage inside, good dog car (cleans easily, good spot for the dog in the back).

Can't get a bike rack to fit on it, rides too low.

Two years later
By dennis jensen237

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car two years ago and haven't had any trouble with it. It's engine is noisy especially when the air conditioner is being operated. Driving up hills can add to the noise. The interior is useful and it comes it handy when transporting odd shaped objects. All in all I would purchase this vehicle again. I have to say it's a great transportation car and the price was just over $13000.00 (new) gas mileage is only twenty -two combine but gets a good 32 mpg on the highway to and from Vegas.

Interior. Sound system sounds pretty good for factory system. High mpg.

Air conditioner with engine less noisy, better city mpg, other wise great car.

Love it!
By C

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2005 Matrix until I was T- boned on driver side after a minivan ran a red light at 50 mph. Car was totaled, but I walked away with all limbs & I was so happy w. the safety of side impact that I bought another Matrix (2007). I love it! City MPG on manual trans. is about 29-30 MPG (I calculate it every so often). I am only 5'2" so I like that the seat raises and I don't have to be too close to the steering wheel.

Seats, Remote Keyless Entry, look of car, hatchback & interior space/room, location of cup holders, easy clutch/pedals to push, great for shorter peeps

More standard interior lights. Take out crumb-collecting coin holder in center console. Make roof rack an option. Make remote beep when locking & make hatchback button faster.