Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Love it!
By C

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 2005 Matrix until I was T- boned on driver side after a minivan ran a red light at 50 mph. Car was totaled, but I walked away with all limbs & I was so happy w. the safety of side impact that I bought another Matrix (2007). I love it! City MPG on manual trans. is about 29-30 MPG (I calculate it every so often). I am only 5'2" so I like that the seat raises and I don't have to be too close to the steering wheel.

Favorite Features

Seats, Remote Keyless Entry, look of car, hatchback & interior space/room, location of cup holders, easy clutch/pedals to push, great for shorter peeps

Suggested Improvements

More standard interior lights. Take out crumb-collecting coin holder in center console. Make roof rack an option. Make remote beep when locking & make hatchback button faster.

Used, abused and still going
By kmw52

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My Toyota Matrix has been a great car. I've use her to haul tools, plants and lots of junk. I have been able to fit lots and lots of stuff in the back. Recently, I hauled bedroom and living room furniture and a week ago, I bought a linen cabinet and the people I bought it from said it would be impossible to fit it inside the car, but it did fit, and they were impressed. I've also used it to pull up a couple of 10 foot trees. It scuffed the finish on the car, but nothing that could not be buffed out. I could go on and on. My only problem was with a dealership installed 6 CD player. It gave way 3 years to the day I bought my car. Still, I love this car.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, hauling space, the looks

Suggested Improvements

better CD players

Reliable
By tsiok

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 07 Matrix is reliable. We needed that, since I work so far from home and can't be of much help if mom gets stuck and needs help. BUT, the amount of maintenance needed and the intervals of those appointments puts a strain on my alloted amount of days off!! OMG! Every month or so I "need" a preventive maintenance appointment. Don't the designers of these vehicles realize our lives don't revolve around the vehicles like theirs do? Expensive P.M.'s also! Never will buy again. Back to Chevy! Also, maybe you can check into the morals of your dealers! Lost me and more than a few others too.

Favorite Features

Front wheel drive. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cheap body. Lean on the thing and you get a crack in the fender.

Two years later
By dennis jensen237

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car two years ago and haven't had any trouble with it. It's engine is noisy especially when the air conditioner is being operated. Driving up hills can add to the noise. The interior is useful and it comes it handy when transporting odd shaped objects. All in all I would purchase this vehicle again. I have to say it's a great transportation car and the price was just over $13000.00 (new) gas mileage is only twenty -two combine but gets a good 32 mpg on the highway to and from Vegas.

Favorite Features

Interior. Sound system sounds pretty good for factory system. High mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioner with engine less noisy, better city mpg, other wise great car.

Great car
By annie76

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought certified preowned 2007 matrix in 2010. It runs great. I have had no major issues and have not spent more than $800 on maintenance in last 4 years. It has a great pickup and is a reliable car. I get 24-25 mpg (city) which I think should be higher but the car is designed for 25 mpg in city driving and it is still providing the same mpg gas consumption.

Favorite Features

Acceleration

Suggested Improvements

MPG can be improved.