2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Just a Nice Little Car
By car crazy on 04/19/08 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have loved driving my Matrix on trips and around town. The gas mileage is OK. This is my fifth toyota and I find myself constantly comparing, which I should not do. I find that there is a lot of room especially when the rear seats are down. A mat would have been nice to cover the whole cargo area. I have read many revues on the car but have not yet seen my pet peave yet, which is a roof rack. It is so very expensive to fit this car with a roof rack. I cannot believe it's not an option. But I guess, given the overall performance, gas mileage and especially the handling, it still comes in as a number one car for me.

All around hit
By Afield on 03/27/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first new car purchase since 1994! I love my Matrix!! I never thought I'd be able to afford the car I wanted but the Matrix was both affordable and comfortable. It's a great car for tailgating and for all my gardening adventures because it just wipes clean.

07 matrix
By gjens on 02/07/08 21:25 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Might be a little under powered but a real fun car to drive. Auto, power windows, air, etc. I love hatchbacks, it has an extra wide opening and I can get all kinds of unconventional shape gear inside.

Nice car, but last Toyota
By Ralphus on 01/19/08 16:07 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a nice car. Excellent mileage, easy to drive, comfortable, for a small car. Lots of road noise, but it's a small car. The deal killer for me, is you can't lock the doors with the remote if the door(s) are open. You get home from shopping, it's raining, you have to get out, unload your stuff in the puddle filled driveway, getting your stuff soaked, fish your keys out of your pocket, lock the car, and get your stuff. Had I known about this "feature", I would have not bought this car. Instead of pushing the button, you have to hold the button on the remote to open the glass hatch. It's faster to use the key. Bad design choices.

Fun and practical at the same time!
By bwat on 12/04/07 14:05 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased our Matrix this summer to replace our aging and unreliable Plymouth. It has been a great decision so far. We have taken it on several weekend trips and it is a great travel car. Lots of room in the back for the bags and the dog! It has also been useful in around town driving. The fold down seats in the back are one of the car's best features. We never need worry about bringing home bulky items. I don't find problems with highway driving that others have mentioned. No issues with wind or milage. We average 30-31 mpg around town and 40+mpg on the hwy. Though heavy traffic or driving consistently above 65 mph drasitcaly reduces fuel economy.

Very happy with it!
By Pogradeci on 11/16/07 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After having been driven an Aurora and spending thousands of dollars on gas and repair, I decided to buy a Toyota car. Since my 1st choice the Prius was a little over my budget, decided to go with the Matrix. Bottom line I am very happy with my choice. The car is easy to drive, has a lot of cargo space and I spend much less time at the gas pump.

Great Little Car
By BLC on 11/01/07 18:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Has plenty of headroom. I get about 29 mpg. Vehicle has smooth ride and is very comfortable. I get a lot of compliments on the vehicle. Interior is spacious and controls are easy to access. Stereo/CD system is awesome. It is just a great all around vehicle.

Good City/Town Car
By mtdriver1 on 10/19/07 21:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After 11,500 miles the Matrix is finally broken in enough to review it. The usable space is fantastic. It has plenty of zip for city/town driving (especially w/ TRD performance filter). Ours is loaded as possible w/ sunroof, wheels, upgrade stereo, ABS, airbag package, trim package, etc. These cars look silly w/o the extra trim IMO. My disappointment rests in the cars rattles in the dash and elsewhere. Way too new for this, and whatever happened to legendary fit and finish. Lousy Gdyr tires and their harsh ride had some to do w/ onset of rattles (better ride and fewer rattles now w/ Michelin tires), but it's still no excuse. Best mileage thus far has been 33 mpg (highway), disappointed.

Fun, economical and practical
By dbentley3 on 10/11/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

At the risk of sounding like all the rest, this car is fun to drive. It's a great car for the practical value- seeker that wants a decent level of extras without settling on an "econo- box". The XR sport package gives it just enough style to stand-out and satisfy the sport-minded. Mind you, the true sports-car enthusiasts aren't even looking at this car...this is a car for the person that wants a basic car with a little bit of everything and an emphasis on fuel economy. I've been getting 34mpg in my 1st 4500 miles on a 70-mile/day commute in mixed traffic conditions.

Midlife Crisis
By ronc on 09/21/07 19:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

What a change. I drove a V6 van before. The car only having a 4 cylinder has been a joy to drive. Instead of buying an SUV during my midlife crisis I have downsized to an efficient compact.The cargo area is great. The fuel consumption is low. I live In the second most traffic congested city in North America (Toronto). We pay $1.00 per litre of gas ($4.50 per gallon of gas).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.