Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 64 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Never again
By jane

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

First the indicators on my dash began to read "check engine" with about 15K miles. There was nothing wrong with the engine. It just continues to carry that message. All the time. Then the dash dial began going crazy. They settle down after a while, but only after a while. I was told by the dealer that the dash needed to be replaced. For $2K. With less than 40K miles. Back away from the car. Then I had the acceleration problem - before I knew about the ACCELERATION PROBLEM. They tried to tell me that my mat was caught up under the accelerator. Yah....no. Today I took the car to replace the airbag which could explode and call fatal injuries. Buh bye.....

Love My Matrix
By N Weedit

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have been driving my Matrix for over eight years. It is a fun little car to drive and is very comfortable and roomy for a small car.
There have been very few problems with the car and is very economical to drive. I don't know why they stopped making the car. I would buy another one in a minute if available

Great car
By annie76

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought certified preowned 2007 matrix in 2010. It runs great. I have had no major issues and have not spent more than $800 on maintenance in last 4 years. It has a great pickup and is a reliable car. I get 24-25 mpg (city) which I think should be higher but the car is designed for 25 mpg in city driving and it is still providing the same mpg gas consumption.

Acceleration

MPG can be improved.

6 years and going strong!
By matrixrocks

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a reliable car and definitely found one in the matrix. Have owned it for 6+ years and never spent much money on it, except for maintenance every 6 months or so (oil, tire rotation). It's not a sports car, kinda slow, but it takes you from A to B without worries and at a low cost. I get about 28mi/Gal overall. Love that I can flatten all the seats and fir big stuff in the car. Very satisfied with my purchase, and now that it's paid off, couldn't be happier!

More power, please!

Reliable
By tsiok

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 07 Matrix is reliable.
We needed that, since I work so far from home and can't be of much help if mom gets stuck and needs help.
BUT, the amount of maintenance needed and the intervals of those appointments puts a strain on my alloted amount of days off!!
OMG!
Every month or so I "need" a preventive maintenance appointment.
Don't the designers of these vehicles realize our lives don't revolve around the vehicles like theirs do?
Expensive P.M.'s also!
Never will buy again.
Back to Chevy!
Also, maybe you can check into the morals of your dealers!
Lost me and more than a few others too.

Front wheel drive. Reliable.

Improve the cheap body. Lean on the thing and you get a crack in the fender.