Used 2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Great car
By annie76

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought certified preowned 2007 matrix in 2010. It runs great. I have had no major issues and have not spent more than $800 on maintenance in last 4 years. It has a great pickup and is a reliable car. I get 24-25 mpg (city) which I think should be higher but the car is designed for 25 mpg in city driving and it is still providing the same mpg gas consumption.

Favorite Features

Acceleration

Suggested Improvements

MPG can be improved.

6 years and going strong!
By matrixrocks

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a reliable car and definitely found one in the matrix. Have owned it for 6+ years and never spent much money on it, except for maintenance every 6 months or so (oil, tire rotation). It's not a sports car, kinda slow, but it takes you from A to B without worries and at a low cost. I get about 28mi/Gal overall. Love that I can flatten all the seats and fir big stuff in the car. Very satisfied with my purchase, and now that it's paid off, couldn't be happier!

Suggested Improvements

More power, please!

Reliable
By tsiok

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Our 07 Matrix is reliable. We needed that, since I work so far from home and can't be of much help if mom gets stuck and needs help. BUT, the amount of maintenance needed and the intervals of those appointments puts a strain on my alloted amount of days off!! OMG! Every month or so I "need" a preventive maintenance appointment. Don't the designers of these vehicles realize our lives don't revolve around the vehicles like theirs do? Expensive P.M.'s also! Never will buy again. Back to Chevy! Also, maybe you can check into the morals of your dealers! Lost me and more than a few others too.

Favorite Features

Front wheel drive. Reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cheap body. Lean on the thing and you get a crack in the fender.

I'm Happy
By ToyotaSceptic

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am getting way better gas mileage that what Ive seen in the reviews. In the summer I am getting 40. My only issue is with the paint job. My first Black car and it will scratch if you look at it wrong. Understandable Black cars can be cursed with this issue but when I noticed rust specks around the wheel areas? I was told it was because of the break pads and the dealership basically told me pound sand. Oh well next time Ill drive out of state to get my next Toyota.

Favorite Features

Gas Mileage, new tires and wheels I purchased. The fact that I can adjust the seat to sit higher after my 2 back surgeries. Nice for an old fella like myself!

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality. Prequalify your sales companies better. Customer service lacks all around these days.

Won't buy another
By doberwoman

2007 Toyota Matrix Hatchback XR 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2007 Matrix XR brand new, no one else even test drove it. I have 30,000 miles on it and so far at less than 20,000 miles they had to resurface the rotors, but the pads are just fine. They then replaced the belt. Then, they replaced the water pump and the belt again! Today I was driving down the road and it just died. It's in the shop right now. I don't know yet what this latest problem it, but of course it is out of warranty now. The car style is great for hauling stuff. Love the fold down back and passenger seats and love that the window in back opens without having to open the entire back.

Favorite Features

Fold down seats.

Suggested Improvements

Ride is not all that great and the road noise is loud.