The Car is Fun!
By keepinon on
2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
Have driven my 05 Matrix xr for 3 months, and about 3300 miles. I really enjoy it. The wife and I golf quite a bit in the warmer weather. The car converts to a golf club hauler very quickly and easily. It handles very nimbly. On a recent 600 mile trip of some city, mostly highway driving, with quite a load of luggage and clubs, we got 33 mpg. Front seats are very comfortable for two average sized adults. Loading, unloading is easy with access through five doors + glass hatch door. Parking lots are quite easy to handle. The spaces seem to have grown! I will be curious about winter handling.
Favorite Features
Seat comfort. Quiet ride! Easy and quick 60/40 fold down rear seats. Good looks. Good (not fantastic) gas mileage. FWD is the way to go for power and mileage, if you don't need the AWD.
Suggested Improvements
I'm hard pressed to find anything to complain about. 1.7 liter engine is not the strongest performer , but has more than adequate acceleration. Waiting till winter to see about optional traction control, and abs. To date I'm happy with the purchase, and recommend the car with confidence.