2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: Great Cool Car

2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Review

Great Cool Car
By Go Big Blue on

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car based on styling, comfort, economy, and reputation. I'm not disappointed in any area. Regularly gets mid-thirties on the highway at 70-75 mph, and mid twenties in town with a lot of traffic lights. That is with me in the throttle pretty hard, because this is no sports car. Very comfortable ride for a small car. Love the sunroof. Has 44,000 miles and all I've done is changed the oil and put on a pair of tires because I cut a sidewall. Goodyear triple-treads have cut down on front wheel spin on wet roads.

The SPACE. It's actually easier to haul lumber in than my explorer sport-trac. Moved my daughter to school 1000 miles away in it really loaded down and still got over 30 mpg. The flat deck in the back with the seats down is really handy Back seats are great for adults. Everyone likes the high seats.

Anti-lock breaks should be standard. I was shocked the first time the wheels locked up and they do it easily cause the car is so light. Back tires wear more on the inside, but I still have the original rubber on the back at 44,000 miles. Should have in-dash satellite radio option. Cheap cargo cover.