Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews - 137 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Past my expectations
By really surprised

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought to save gas on average 32 miles to a gallon, like the 6 speed transmission, family loves loves interior layout. First Toyota ever purchased dealer and car still surprises me with the level of excellence shown. I usually drive a crew f250 super duty, I can park this Matrix any where! It handles great around turns and very quite till the moon roof opens.

6 speed, interior layout, moon roof, handling, comfortable, fun to drive

Better stereo, I have the jbl 6 disk, but no mp3 input or player.

Matrix AWD
By Steve

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my wife's car and she loves it. It is great around town, nimble, solid. She picked it mainly because of the hatchback and fold flat rear seats which are very nice. Great for golf clubs. Now has 25K miles and we did have a check engine light that required replacement of an oxygen sensor under warranty. One thing that I consider a defect was the factory tires. The front left tire wore on one side enough to require replacement after only 15K miles!!! Of course they wouldn't honor anything since they were not rotated every 5K miles. Replaced all 4 tires and had the front end aligned and it was very close to in specs so don't know what caused the tire wear.

Hatch and fold flat rear seats, handling.

Move seat belt anchor point higher, it if very hard to get on. Get rid of that awful seat belt alarm that goes on and on anytime the car moves without being buckled in. Better ergonomic cruise controls on the steering wheel. A 2.5 liter motor!

Great little car
By Bill

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with this car. Very reliable and easy to maintain. I do my own car maintenance and I really like how things are laid out under the hood. Ideal for my family of four.

We like the automatic lights and the exterior temperature gauge.

The dash is difficult to view and the recessed instrument panel is difficult to keep clean.

Love My Matrix XRS
By J. Palmer

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. At the time, I was unaware of the particulars of the XRS trim level. I liked the idea of a manual... bonus was that it is a 6-speed. It is the best of both worlds because I can haul the kids around, then my band equipment, then on the weekends unload it and cruise around town with a little power under me. Even with the extra power my, mostly highway, fuel economy is around 30 mpg. Have almost 50,000 miles and not even a hint of trouble. One of the best, most fun to drive cars that I have ever owned.

The JBL CD changer sound system. The 6-speed transmission with plenty of pep. The switch to the high speed cam at 6400 rpm... varoom. The comfortable seating. The ample cargo space and tie-down accommodations.

More torque. A little lower stance.

Great Car No Matter What Your Size!
By 1217trees

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Matrix for 2 years now. I love it. I am 5'2" and fit very comfortably and my son who is 6'6" has plenty of leg room and head clearance! This vehicle is so reliable and fun to drive. Love this car!