2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Room & great mileage
By maukajt on 06/10/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have owned since 2/06. XR model auto, it gets the best gas mileage! People always asks us is we have a hybrid, as they can't believe the mileage, as well as the room. This age of over $4 per gallon gas. It has been a godsend as we are on disablilty. Even though we only have 4000 miles and have owned it for 2 yrs 4 months, we have not had any problems. It is a well made vehicle.

Still loving it
By Ed on 05/29/08 06:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had my Matrix for almost 3 yrs. and still loving it. Do it yourself maintenance it's easy on it. Wife loves the AWD cause it kicks on Chicago's snowy streets. All around room and versatility also great. Very reliable, car feels as solid as it did on day one.

2006 Toyota Matrix
By Joyce on 05/17/08 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Not my first Toyota and won't be my last. A little over a year after purchase the computer had to be replaced, but Toyota knew about the problem and the work was done free. This car has all the conveniences of a station wagon but it's small and easy to maneuver.

Past my expectations
By really surprised on 05/04/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought to save gas on average 32 miles to a gallon, like the 6 speed transmission, family loves loves interior layout. First Toyota ever purchased dealer and car still surprises me with the level of excellence shown. I usually drive a crew f250 super duty, I can park this Matrix any where! It handles great around turns and very quite till the moon roof opens.

Matrix AWD
By Steve on 04/10/08 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my wife's car and she loves it. It is great around town, nimble, solid. She picked it mainly because of the hatchback and fold flat rear seats which are very nice. Great for golf clubs. Now has 25K miles and we did have a check engine light that required replacement of an oxygen sensor under warranty. One thing that I consider a defect was the factory tires. The front left tire wore on one side enough to require replacement after only 15K miles!!! Of course they wouldn't honor anything since they were not rotated every 5K miles. Replaced all 4 tires and had the front end aligned and it was very close to in specs so don't know what caused the tire wear.

Great little car
By Bill on 03/27/08 19:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with this car. Very reliable and easy to maintain. I do my own car maintenance and I really like how things are laid out under the hood. Ideal for my family of four.

Love My Matrix XRS
By J. Palmer on 02/24/08 10:19 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car with 19,000 miles on it. At the time, I was unaware of the particulars of the XRS trim level. I liked the idea of a manual... bonus was that it is a 6-speed. It is the best of both worlds because I can haul the kids around, then my band equipment, then on the weekends unload it and cruise around town with a little power under me. Even with the extra power my, mostly highway, fuel economy is around 30 mpg. Have almost 50,000 miles and not even a hint of trouble. One of the best, most fun to drive cars that I have ever owned.

Great Car No Matter What Your Size!
By 1217trees on 02/07/08 00:38 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Matrix for 2 years now. I love it. I am 5'2" and fit very comfortably and my son who is 6'6" has plenty of leg room and head clearance! This vehicle is so reliable and fun to drive. Love this car!

Toy
By David Clawson on 01/11/08 09:26 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have driven car approx. 10,000 miles since purchase and really enjoy driving it. My wife is main driver using it mostly going to and from work. She really appreciates the gas mileage and pep getting through traffic.We also use this car for trips for the above reasons.

Great car
By frst toyota on 11/14/07 18:49 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota, but it won't be my last. This is a fun little car that is nimble and fun to drive. The AWD is a must here in the mountains and this car gets great mileage also. There is good visibility from the driver's seat and good take-off from the little four. The a/c works well enough to keep everyone cool. We love this little wagon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.