2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Review: 22k Miles and Still Loving my

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Review

22k Miles and Still Loving my Matrix
By mst3kzz on

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Was deciding between the Vibe, Mazda3, Mazda6, Passat, and Matrix. Decided on the Vibe/Passat based on price, gas mileage and test drives, then chose the Matrix because I started to prefer its style over the Vibe. Love the Matrix, kicks the crap out of my old '99 Chevy Metro which got a little better MPG, had no acceleration, but was a great college car (cheap and reliable). Love the storage space. I have been keeping a complete record of the gas mileage since I got the car and it gets an average of 28 MPG (the way I drive), but is capable of getting up to 33 MPG (if you drive really efficiently).

Seat height adjustment, the storage compartments, 60/40 seat folding, cargo nets.

A CD-player that can read MP3 CDs would be nice (maybe that was an option I didn't see though). Better starter tires! Mine came with Continentals and I already need new ones at 22k miles because of cupping.