2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Matrix Best Little Car
By sandy on 10/07/05 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is easy to drive and get into small parking spaces.

I just purchased
By Sue on 09/28/05 22:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Explorer for better fuel economy, I did love my truck. But 37 miles to work and back. I did research on several cars for a few months. I like the cargo area, I am always packing things around and there is plenty of room. My husband is over 6'0 and has plenty of head room. Driving is fun, and solid. I feel pretty safe with the airbags ect. So far so good!

Here we go Indigo.
By Charpaints on 09/28/05 13:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

As an artist in a major metropolitan city this little car is the one for me. It is zippy in traffic, holds a fair amount of cargo and is affordable to own. It is easy to load and unload. The higher seats offer a more comfortable enter and exit to and from the car especially for older passengers. Gas mileage is terrific. The instumentation takes a little getting used to but afterwards is very easy to use and see. A few of the plastic handles on the seat adjusters feel temporary and have come off.

Love It!!!!!
By Janice Hill on 09/27/05 11:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have just purchased my Matrix and I am thrilled about it. A friend has one & she loves hers also (one of the reasons I bought mine). It is stylish, gets better gas mileage than expected (38 mpg) and fun to drive. Not a lot of pep but knew that going in - I'll take the great gas mileage any day. Wanted a white one, got a dark grey and it is just beautiful - glad I didn't get what I thought I wanted!!!!! Lots of space inside - front and back seats and hatch back is awesome!

Matrix XR
By Tom on 09/15/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought Matrix XR in a 5-speed, which is an absolute must. This is not a fast car even with a manual; I can imagine how slow an automatic would be. But with gas over $3, horsepower is highly overrated. I didn't get the option for ABS, but wish I would have. The standard, stock brakes are average at best and don't leave me feeling too confident in them. Stopping distance seems really long. I really enjoy the way it drives. It's very roomy inside. I'm about 6'2" and I feel very comfortable in the car. Tons of room in the back. Plenty of headroom for backseat passengers. Plus, it looks cool. I would definitely get the XR with the cooler looking bodykit over the base model.

brand new vehicle
By cballou on 09/14/05 09:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a brand new vehicle. It could use a case for sunglasses like the tundra, moulding on the outside of the car to prevent dings from other cars opening their doors and I would have preferred the shifter on the column to allow for more leg room, aside from that, it holds my 300lb frame comfortably and gets great mileage.

Maxtix Puts Fun into Driving Again
By Bill on 09/12/05 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix puts fun into driving. Steering wheel feels great, handling more like a sports car. Controls placed perfectly. Love the Chromatic mirror/compass feature and sunroof. All the seats really lay flat. Window controls at an angle more comfortable to operate. I wish my compute was longer - hard to leave vehicle, especially six way driver seat! Gas mileage, room, fun, options, who says you can't have it all. Thanks Toyota.

Love My Red RX
By kelly on 09/10/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Fun and RELIABLE..it's a Toyota! I purchased the red model and have many comments on it's sporty appeal. The gas mileage is wonderful with today's gas prices. Love the interior... very modern/sleek and FUN!

By jimmydog on 09/07/05 16:49 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A good car. Will pass when I want too. has room for my long legs and large frame. mileage is in the high thirtys and above all has room in back for a big labrador retriever.

We named it Eon
By Cindy Carter on 09/04/05 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

So far, this car has been very impressive in terms of comfort, performance and gas mileage. Great ride quality, and almost no wind noise. We considered a Prius, but since most of our driving is highway, it didn't make sense to spend extra money for the hybrid. We love the look of it, and it has every feature except AWD.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.