Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

Just what I wanted
By Heron

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned the car for 5 months and enjoy driving it everyday. The ride and manueverablity are outstanding. Gas mileage is excellent. I just feel comfortable driving it.

Storage, fuel economy, design. Nice, solid feel.

Power windows should operate without the engine running or the key turned to the "on" position. Could be a little peppier.

Great little car!
By marie

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have researched all the cars in this class and I decided that I really liked the matrix better, it looked nice and has lots of room, we are a family of four that fit inside comfortably. Quiet ride and great handling and good on gas.

The cars handling, space, the dashboard red lights, sunroof is nice. The car looks pretty sporty.

The rear passenger's seatbelts don't fit right across the chest for children and there is no seatbelt adjustments like the front ones. The front console and arm rest on the driver door is way to low to rest your arms.

Happy Matrix Owner
By Happy Matrix Driver

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought to replace my wife's 1995 4-Runner 4X4 with many miles on it. Although we knew we were giving up power (from 6 cyl to 4 cyl), the Matrix has performed well for us. During wet roads or windy conditions, the AWD keeps the vehicle on the road. The windshield and windows provide excellent visibility. We have averaged about 24 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway (2500 miles on the car in the 1st month), which is at least 50% better than the 4-Runner gave us. Overall we like the Matrix because it provides us flexibility: we can haul 4 or 5 people with decent leg room, or haul loads where the front passenger seat folds down. For the price, we enjoy driving this car.

AWD, visibility, flexibility, good gas mileage, secure key.

Anti-ding strips would be helpful. Also would prefer fog lamps as standard equipment.

A Great Little Car
By Gary

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Matrix 5-20-2006, there is now over 3600 miles on it. Before I purchased the Matrix I had a Tundra, great vehicle but I grew tired of putting $60.00 a week in gas. The Matrix took a little getting used to but now it's fun to drive, roomy, economical, turns on a dime and cute. (A real chick term, Sorry guys.) It would help to have adjustable steering wheel and a little more ground clearance but no vehicle is perfect. I am more than satisfied with my purchase.

Dash, parking, looks & economy.

Break away mirrors, adjustable steering wheel, ground clearance & of course a turbo or supercharger for the ultimate sleeper. Who cares about three dollars a gallon - I do! You'll be satisfied with this happy little run about!

What's wrong with Toyota
By Pam

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I don't understand why Toyota does not advertise the Matrix. It's a wonderful little car and all the other companies are now coming up with their version of this same size. I have never seen a commercial for a Matrix. Not everyone wants a vehicle to decide if "theirs is the biggest" and not everyone wants a sedan. This little car is sporty, handy, economical and I traded in a Camry to get it. I love it. Yes it took me a little while to get used to the lower power but now we work well together.

The whole car - looks perhaps the most

A little more power to climb mountains... otherwise, it's perfect

• SUV