2006 Toyota Matrix - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:
Very Versatile Car
By Dan on 11/14/05 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Owned our Matrix for 2 months. We have taken it on several Arizona dirt/rocky roads since we like to hike a lot. Very good ground clearance for a car, never bottomed out. Hauled 22 boxes of tile and some roofing material in it. Easy to switch from a four seater car to a two seater hauler. We have a blowup mattress that fits perfectly in the back when you lay the seats down. Just plug it in to the ac outlet up front and you can be camping for the night. The cargo nets are nice to separate some permanent storage stuff in the back (blowup mattress, sleeping bag, quilt, water, etc.) which you need in the desert. It is a very versatile vehicle which fits our many needs perfectly!!!

Great little car for the Money.
By Paul on 11/12/05 10:47 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great Car. It rides smooth with crisp handling. It will stop on a dime and accelerate quickly through traffic. It's quiet running and its styling has an aggressive look. The fit and finish is amazing. It gets great gas mileage and its reliable, a great alternative to a gas guzzling Jeep!

Could be better.
By CJ on 11/10/05 14:47 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Had a '93 Corolla. Decided to buy a Matrix based on experience w/ Toyota. This is a typical Toyota, very well built, drives fine. Driver legroom is not good, I'm 6-0. Right leg has very little room between the dash and center console. Drivers seat is very uncomfortable. I seem to fall to the right side in it. Hope it just needs breaking in but fear otherwise. Odometer/trip meter cycles with small button behind wheel that you can't push while driving. Can't see both trip/odo @ same time. I like to always see the odo. Air controls badly placed behind shifter. Cargo cover chintzy. Forced to buy cargo pad as none standard, cargo will shift w/out one. Based on legroom & seat comfort may not keep car very long.

Best AWD buy
By Mary Bethany Collins on 11/04/05 19:15 PM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I live in the Berkshire Mountains (read mega snow and ice). This car, with all season radials, although packed in with snow from the plow, drives out like it was summer. What a delight. Add to that great gas mileage, space for luggage for a long trip and my huge German Shepherd, all the bells and whistles one could want (auto key, air, cruise, etc)--all for under $19,000--who could ask for more? And a Toyota to boot--I could find no better car on the road for reliability and long-term value, and I did my homework.

Love It!!!!!
By Pastormartx on 11/04/05 08:58 AM (PST)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very gun car to drive and I love the gas mileage I am getting. I average over 35 mpg on the hwy. and 30 mpg city - even better than expected. This car will be with me for a very long time so I chose a car I would love for a very long time. So far, it is definitely the right decision. I think several people will be getting a Matrix because of me!!

Happy with car
By J Lewis on 10/29/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I did look at five different makers before I decided on the Matrix. It offered everything I wanted for the money. I knew it had the same proven engine that the Corolla had, this was a big factor.

I love my Matrix
By Kalindrome on 10/27/05 19:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Matrix has worked out very well for me. I live in Los Angeles, and use the Matrix to commute daily from work. I have owned the matrix for about a year and a half, and have not had a single problem since I purchased it. It is reliable, comfortable, practical, and stylish. I couldn't ask for much more.

Just Right
By Mike on 10/22/05 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was hesitant to trade in my 2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara mainly because I didn't want to give up the 4WD capability. Having one kid and another one on the way however, the lack of back seat room was a killer. The Matrix is just right!! Better fuel economy, plenty of room and I get to keep the AWD for those snowy winters here in Chicago. Before the Matrix I looked at the Chevy HHR and the PT Cruiser, neither one offers AWD and the Toyota quality jumps right at you when you compare them, no contest!!!

Fun to Drive
By Rico on 10/13/05 11:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XRS 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The XRS model is just fun to drive. It moves when you need to move. The 6- speed is the way to go with this vehicle. Great steering that handles well.

Matrix XR
By Special J on 10/09/05 09:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Toyota Matrix XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Matrix because of an expected addition to the family. I am personally not the family car type of guy, but this car is awesome. The exterior styling is great, with the sports car edge to it. Tons of room inside, plenty of leg room, and plenty of rear storage space. Only drawback is it needs a hair more pep.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.