Used 2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Matrix model:

My husband wants a Matrix too.
By M.J.DRAHL

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon AWD (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Searched far and wide for a vehicle that I could manage back and forth comfortably to my professional job. Driving included highway and stop-go city traffic. My husband and I tested several vehicles to learn about interior, outward view all around safety and its road manners. The Matrix far exceeded all competing manufacturers. Toyota - always moving forward.

Bolstered back and side grips on front seat. Firmness feels sportscar-like. Front headlights in both normal and highbeam mode pierce through the night. Excellent Toyota engineering - when ignition is turned on, all doors lock automatically or open when ignition is shut off. Impeccably assembled.

Only one - could use larger arm rest bolsters on both driver and front passenger sides.

Front seat
By Pat

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Matrix because I love the exterior design of the car. After driving it home, I notice how sore the under part of my leg just above the knee was. I have written to Toyota and the dealer where it was purchased for some help or advise to no avail. I do like the car except for that but I think it is also a little under horse powered.

The exterior of the car. I find it really fun to look at.

More horse power and something done with the drivers front seat.

Don's Review
By Zoobiezoo

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The car rides so smooth. the seats are very comfortable, and the interior is very roomy. The exterior stlying is really nice, and the color Cosmic Blue is the greatest. The Dealer is very accommodating, and I feel like I'm the only person who has ever bought a car there.

Exterior Color "Cosmic Blue" Roomy Interior Sunroof

The gaps in the bumpers should be much smaller

a little rocket
By jacob

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon XR 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

i can beat many expesive cars on acceleration. It's a great fun to drive car. roomy interior, which surprises guests. the only things that bothers me it taking a coin from the coin slot under the handbrake is difficult and the digital readout on the dash of milease is too dim and too small. The outside body looks as if someone hit it when you approach it from certain angles. otherwise it's a bargain.

comfort and space for people. the dashboard is bright on the most part.

move the second coin slot away from the handbrake.

Great car at a fantastic price
By Dale

2006 Toyota Matrix Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We were amazed at how much space there actually is in the Matrix. We used to camp with a pop-up trailer and our Nissan Quest. Since the Matrix isn't really a vehicle for towing we've downsized to camping with a tent. Well, going from a trailer with the room inside the van for packing was something we were worried about. But the Matrix actually has a LOT of room inside. We managed a couple trips so far and it's been great! We took it on a trip from NY to KY to WV and back to NY and it performed very well in the mountains and on the highways. We definitely feel we have gotten a good buy for a great price on a fantastic car!

The amount of room inside the vehicle is actually pretty surprising. It handles VERY well, and the mileage has been superb.

Side molding would be a good thing, and perhaps a roof rack system.